Going green is no longer just for the modern hippie. There are many celebrities who have recognized the importance of being green and are now spreading the word to the rest of the world. Here’s a list of eco-friendly celebrities and why we love them.
1) Leonardo DiCaprio: If green had a name and a face, it would be called Leonardo DiCaprio. The 34-year-old actor exudes what it means to be green. He drives a hybrid car and recently bought a green condo in New York City. What makes this house eco-friendly? The condo has a 24 hour filtered fresh air system, a water treatment facility and rotating solar panels. DiCaprio recognizes the environmental challenge we face due to global warming and has been committed to the environment ever since. He also started the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation in 1998 which supports environmental causes.
2) Adrian Grenier – This American actor, director, writer, and musician, best known for his role in Entourage, is the host of an eco-friendly series. At Planet Green, Adrian Grenier will present AlterEco, a program dedicated to the green lifestyle. It is backed by a team of environmental activists, experts, and a few close friends. The show will document him and his team renovating a 1920s Spanish home in Los Feliz. The renovated house will be ecological and sustainable. Be sure to watch this show for some green renovation tips!
3) Natalie Portman: If you’re not a Natalie Portman fan now, you will be soon! This 28-year-old Israeli-American actress has started her own eco-friendly fashion line. Portman has created a line of vegan shoes. These stylish and sexy shoes are made from alternative materials like synthetic leather. Portman and his team of designers did not harm any animals in their construction. This eco-friendly vegan is not only environmentally conscious but also socially conscious. She has been praised for her efforts to save gorillas in Rwanda. Portman has raised the bar when it comes to being an environmentally conscious and socially conscious celebrity.
4) Julia Roberts: This “Pretty Women” star has become a green star. She and her husband drive an eco-friendly car, a Prius. He is also looking to build a completely green home in Malibu. Her inspiration to go green came from her children. That has inspired her to buy greener diapers for her little ones. She uses chlorine-free, non-toxic diapers for two of her children and a plastic-free disposable diaper for another. The disposable diaper is a unique hybrid between cloth and disposables.
5) Cameron Diaz: If you haven’t read his book yet, you certainly should. He has recently published an eco-friendly instruction book called “Green Book”. The book, as I’m sure you’ve guessed by now, offers ways to make your everyday life greener. From beauty products to household items, the Green Book offers 700 ways to make your life as green as possible. Not only does she offer her own suggestions, but she also features tips from Ellen DeGeneres, Will Ferrell, Martha Stewart, and even Justin Timberlake. Check out this book and get great advice!